Sunday, January 07, 2007

For Peggie and Zenita


Happy New Year! So how was your holiday? Ours was great! I love the holidays! I love the shopping, making the gifts, I love how crazy the stores are! And then I love when it's over! lol I've been busy since Sept./Oct. when I was getting ready for the craft show. After the show, I went straight into holiday mode. Then...the day after Christmas was Kelsea's birthday, so we took her shopping the day after, when Denny was off. We took the 3 oldest kids to the mall 1 1/2 hours away, and Kelsea got her Build A Bear. Then it was off to Chuck E Cheese. Their pizza hasn't improved since the last time I went to one! lol But the kids had a blast. Jacob kept saying it was the best day ever! After that we headed back home, and stopped at 2 Wal-Marts, so the kids could spend their gift cards. So they did indeed have a great day.

Now to the week-end, which is New Year's Eve. Ryan and his band had gigs Fri., Sat., and Sun. I ended up with little Miss Dakota from Sat. night, til Monday around noon. I enjoyed her, but as I always say...she wears me out! lol She was permantly attached to me, and wouldn't let me out of her sight! Poor Denny, she wouldn't have one thing to do with him! She'd play "at" him while she was on my lap, and he was sitting on the couch, but that was it. She'd cry if he tried to hold her! So needless to say, I was glad when it was nap time! lol

So...Dakota leaves Mon. noon, and the next day I get Libby's kids! She got sick and went to the ER Mon, and ended up back there early Tues. morn. They kept her, because she was dehydrated, and her blood pressure was extremely low, and she had an awful stomach flu, along with UTI. Mom dropped them off to me on Tues. noon, and I kept them thru Fri. morning, when I took them to school. But...Katie was sick, too. So I took her to the Dr., and she's at the tail end of the stomach flu! She's fine now, tho. So Libby got home Wed. night, but I thought she should rest up a day or so before having them back. After I took them to school, I stopped at Hardee's before going home. Bad mistake, and won't be making that one again! I had the biscuits and gravy (and a sausage and cheese biscuit!), and orange juice, and got sicker than a dog! Now, I'm not sure if it was if it was the food, or if I got some of Libby's and Katie's stuff, but I was sick all day and night Friday, and didn't feel good at all Sat. I did go to the crop, tho, Zenita! Probably should have stayed home, but I didn't want to lose the $10 I paid for the crop. You know how that is! lol I was still feeling a bit iffy this morning, but I'm fine now! Good thing, too, 'cause today is Denny's 58th birthday. It would have been a shame for us to have to stay home!

I took Denny out for lunch at a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Cape, called Bella Italia. Great food! Then we went to an antique mall 2 doors down, and bought an old cedar chest, an old piano stool, and a red water pump. I always wanted one of those! And the best part---25% off! Love a sale!

So that's what's been going on around here. I'm ready for things to slow down. I'm taking this month off and just chilling. I'll be helping Mom shell pecans. It's not a very big crop this year, so hopefully we'll get them done quick!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and stay away from the flu!

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

I assume you are feeling better by now. I have just been sick time and time again since November. This is the first time I have been sick in 8 years, too. I get a flu shot every year and I even worked at school. Maybe its from all the stress since then! Ugh!