Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grandparents Day


Isn't this pic cute? This is Denny and Jacob on Grandparents Day at school. We were invited to have breakfast with him, and visit for awhile before school. We had a glazed donut--which I find funny, since most of the grandparents are probably diabetic like Denny and me! lol--and our choice of milk. There was white, chocolate and strawberry. Denny and I chose chocolate, of course. If you're going to mess up, you may as well do it good! lol It was nice to go to school with him. And he seemed really pleased that we were there. We'll do this with him again next year, then that will be it. He'll be in Jr. High after that, and they don't care if the grandparents are there or not! lol
OH! While I'm thinking of it, check out Kathryn's comment from the post below. You CAN make changes to your layout after you've posted it. Thanks, Kathryn! :)
Well, we didn't weigh in last week. It was fair week, and they figured there wouldn't be any place to park, so they cancelled it. Kind of scary. I didn't know what my weigh in would be. I wasn't terribly bad, but I wasn't very good, either. You know the saying--while the cat's away, the mice will play. I did play a bit. But as I said, I wasn't TOO bad, 'cause I lost .6 pounds, for a grand total of 27.4! I'm almost to my key chain! I've already got the 25 pound charm to go on it. So unless I have a fabulous week this week, I should hit my goal in about 2 weeks! I'm so glad I'm doing this. It gets kind of hard sometimes, 'cause there's just so many good things to eat out there. But I'm not depriving myself TOO much. It's totally doable. So if any of you are on the fence about joining some sort of diet plan, I say try WW. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your alotted points. And I suggest going to the meetings, too. For me, it just didn't work when I tried to do it by myself last year. I guess there's something about paying for it that keeps you motivated!

No comments: