Monday, September 28, 2009

Time Flies--Again!





It's been awhile again, hasn't it?! I have been busy lately. We've been redecorating the grandkids rooms, and I need to downsize my scrap stash, so I've been going thru stuff. I haven't even made a dent in what I have. It's almost a sin to have so much! I just keep collecting and working it into my room. But no more! Since Pattie closed the lss, I have bought very little. And what little I do buy, I make sure I have a definite need for it. I honestly don't know how I even afforded it before! So I'm going thru stuff, and trying to sell it. Fall Fest is next weekend, so Brandi and I are going to set up a table and try to peddle our wares!lol If any of you live close, be sure to stop by! :)


The kids' rooms have turned out so nice! Jacob's room has been done for several weeks now. We painted his room and found a nice, used bedroom set for him. They still haven't hung his stuff back on the wall. I guess Grandpa is going to have to do it! The girls' room has been the hard one! We finally got it painted, and got their furniture painted--we took my Aunt's old bedroom set, thanks to the generosity of Cousin Dan--and found some cute pink floor lamps. What a bargain! On clearance at WM for $7! We took them over tonight, and Denny put them together. It adds some much needed lighting for the girls! I found some hot pink towels on clearance, too. They'll use them as dresser scarves. It's all pulling together! They just have to unload their old dressers, which we'll take out for them. Denny is going to paint one of them, so they'll have a place to put the "extras". Katie has too many extras! I can hardly wait to see it all completely finished. I'll post pics as soon as it's all put together. Hopefully by this weekend! :)


How do you like the pic? You'll never guess what I'm doing with it. I spent most of the day Sat., working on making a bunch of mini layouts. I found a cool site called ArtsCow, and signed up. Give it a shot! They send you cool specials, and this one that I took advantage of was microfiber cleaning cloths for glasses. Since we all wear glasses, I thought these would make neat stocking stuffers--I thought maybe the kids would use them if they had their pics on them. This one, of course, is for Denny. I got them for $1.99 and free shipping! What a deal! When they get here, I'll let you about the quality. But for $2.....


I used this kit for 3-4 different layouts. I just love it! It's called "Lost in Wonderland" by Nicole Young. I just love her stuff--it's so whimsical and cool! So check out her site!


That's it! I'll try to post a few more of my micro cloths this week! :)

1 comment:

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Love the layout! Thanks so much for sharing with me!!!
Nicole :)