
We went to the river Sunday. We usually only go once or twice a year, but I love it! It's the best thing about living down here! Things started out pretty iffy, weather wise. By the time we got out of church and got home to get ready, it was raining! Ryan and family had come down to go with us and I was afraid it was going to be a wasted trip. We decided to take our chances and head out any way. So by the time we got out of town, it had stopped raining, but the temp kept dropping! What the???? Now all summer long it's been hot and dry. And today it decides to be warmer and raining?! lol By the time we got down to the river, I think the temp finally got up to 80, and after about 30 minutes, the sun started shining! We had fun! Denny got the grill started, and then we went down to the river. I did what I had set out to do: I put my chair in the water and rested and cooled off! The kids were all playing , and Dakota sat in a shallow part and played with the rocks. We burned some dogs on the grill, then played some more. I love it when we can all get together. I think Libby is going to have Billy's birthday at the river, so maybe we'll get one more chance to go again this year! :)





1 comment:
She looks like she having a grand ol time! We were river beach go'ers when I was growing up. Miss it!
Post a Comment