Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary--





to me! Denny and I celebrated our 34th anniversary today. On Monday October 25, 1976 we said let's get married, and on Wednesday, October 27, 1976, we did it! lol Obviously, it was a simple ceremony. But I didn't want to just get married down at he courthouse. I wanted to get married in a church. My church wouldn't marry us, since he had been married before. And there were a few others that wouldn't marry us, either. We drove around for hours, looking for a preacher, and finally found a Methodist preacher in Moline that said he'd do it. He told us what time to be at the church, and we went. And we waited...and we waited...and we waited. Finally, a big Winnebago drove up and out rolled a tipsy preacher and several ladies from the woman's auxillary. They'd been partying all afternoon! lol I've often wondered if our marriage was legal--that the preacher messed something up. Too late now. After 34 years, it probably wouldn't matter anyway! lol

Happy Anniversary, hon. I love ya and I'd do it all over again! :)

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Love that story! You two may have gotten off on a "tipsy" start, but I think it's working. :p