The AC is fixed! The AC guy called me at 8:40 a.m. and showed up at 10:00. What a deal! Everything was ok, except it needed a good cleaning. He said that if it had gone on for a couple more days, with it being as hot as it had been, the AC would have quite working! It hadn't been cleaned in the 3 years we've lived here. Why don't landlords take care of these things? IMO, this is totally the landlords responsibility, not the renter. Can you imagine the fit she would have thrown if the air completely broke down? And who's fault would it have been? She really had been shelling out the bucks around here lately, tho. First, there was the leak in kitchen and the bathroom. The hot water heater is in a closet in the kitchen, and it had leaked and ruined the floor. The bathroom is right behind the kitchen, so it leaked in there, too, which meant that floor had to be replaced. What a nightmare! The guys were here for almost a week, and I was about bonkers! I've decided I'd never survive building our own house! I've got my own way on how I think most things should be done, and surprisingly enough, it usually does not gel with anyone else's way of thinking! lol But anyway, about a month after that, we had a big storm and lost a bunch of shingles off of the roof, so she had the roof replaced. And she's been crying ever since! lol They're always nice, til they get hit in the pocketbook! lol
I've been working on a little ablum today. My younger cousin just had a baby, so I thought I'd do a little something for her. It's all totally scraplifted, but I'm happy with how it's turning out. The cool thing is that I got the little album as a give away at the lss. What a deal, huh? I'll post some pics when I get it done. :)
My friend Brandi and I are going to the BIG city today! We're going to hit Joann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Target. It's pitiful to have to drive almost 2 hours for civilization and good shopping! Guess I'd better get to bed. I don't want to over-sleep!
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pam, your blog is fantastic ;) I would be a goner without my A/C, that's for sure! Glad you finally got a good cool down & are nice and comfy now. If building a new house is anything like remodeling an old one, I can totally sympathize with you! Keep up the great work on your blog!
Pam I am so glad the AC is working. If it had broke down who knows how soon the landlord would have had it fixed. It would have been bigger bucks, too. Sheesh! Hope you had fun shopping.
Post a Comment