That's what's happened to the scrapbook store I've been going to for the past 3-4 years. This is where I've met my friends--Brandi, Sandie, Zenita, and Patti, of course. This where I've taught classes. This is where I could just be me--not wife, mother, grandmother, but Pam. Sometimes Pam gets lost. For 3 days a month I could be Pam. But in these hard times, things just happen. They just couldn't keep the doors open any longer. No fault of their own--the stupid economy. I hate to see the doors closed for a number of reasons. For the owners and for us, the scrappers. But we've vowed to stay in touch and try to get together at least once a month, once things settled down a bit. So the last day that the store was open, some of us made a scrapbook page to give to Patti, telling her what she and the store has done for us. For mine, I used Teresa Collins' Journal It Girl papers. Love the whole line! It just looks so fresh and clean. We did an 8x8 page, and I managed to get quite a bit on there. The second picture: the top pic is of Pattie and I. The bottom pic is of Brandi and I. The first picture: you can see the top tag is lifted up. Underneath are 5 smaller tags. On each one, I wrote what was important to me. It was heartfelt--it was fun. Not all teary! So by the end of the day, we had food, we had cake, we gave Patti her album, and there were many tears. But it will all be ok. Things always have a way of working out for the best!
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
All Things Must Come to an End
That's what's happened to the scrapbook store I've been going to for the past 3-4 years. This is where I've met my friends--Brandi, Sandie, Zenita, and Patti, of course. This where I've taught classes. This is where I could just be me--not wife, mother, grandmother, but Pam. Sometimes Pam gets lost. For 3 days a month I could be Pam. But in these hard times, things just happen. They just couldn't keep the doors open any longer. No fault of their own--the stupid economy. I hate to see the doors closed for a number of reasons. For the owners and for us, the scrappers. But we've vowed to stay in touch and try to get together at least once a month, once things settled down a bit. So the last day that the store was open, some of us made a scrapbook page to give to Patti, telling her what she and the store has done for us. For mine, I used Teresa Collins' Journal It Girl papers. Love the whole line! It just looks so fresh and clean. We did an 8x8 page, and I managed to get quite a bit on there. The second picture: the top pic is of Pattie and I. The bottom pic is of Brandi and I. The first picture: you can see the top tag is lifted up. Underneath are 5 smaller tags. On each one, I wrote what was important to me. It was heartfelt--it was fun. Not all teary! So by the end of the day, we had food, we had cake, we gave Patti her album, and there were many tears. But it will all be ok. Things always have a way of working out for the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
What a neat page you made for her! Bet she loved it. So sad about it closing. I have a feeling there will be lots more before this economy turns around. I feel bad for all of you.
Post a Comment