
Well, I'm trying to get back on the WW wagon. I've fallen WAY off! I had started WW last July, and by Dec., I had lost 40 lbs.! I haven't gained it all back, but a huge part of it. As of this morning, I'm still down 18.6 lbs. Not quite where I had hoped I'd be. The way I look at it, tho, is that I haven't gained it all back. And I have a lot of work to do to get back to the 40 lb. loss. And then I can start losing, instead of trying to lose what I keep gaining back. I'll make it. I think I've got myself in the zone again. I've actually started excercising! If any of you really know me, you know that I'd rather take a beating! lol I'm not into the power work outs like a lot of my health group buddies are into. I just can't physically walk long distances or run, since I have to use a cane. But I've found that I can do some other things. I can stand and lift 2-3 lb. weights, and do leg lifts and some chair excercises. I'm going to get my Gazelle back from my daughter and start using it again. I've actually got a place to set it up now, so there's no excuse. And I'm eating healthier. I've had tons of fun eating what I want--and this is where it got me--again. So it's back to counting points and journaling. And it's back to the chicken and veggies. I eat other things, too, but chicken and veggies are the safest-- and the easiest to eat if you go out. I don't and won't deprive myself. I'll have a McD's hamburger and fries, or a Whopper Jr. I just have to plan ahead and count it. That's what I love about WW. You can eat what you want, as long as you count it and use portion control. This is what works best for me. Others may have a different approach to their weight loss, and that's fine. I say whatever works, and whatever you're comfortable with. But all I can say, is the last time I was on WW, I lost 40lbs. in about 5 months, and I wasnt' deprived. So why did I gain back over 20 lbs.? I quit around the holidays. That's all it took for me to get side-tracked. But I'm giving it another shot. Will I get side-tracked again? Probably! Will I be doing this for the rest of my life? Probably! I just hope that next time I don't wait so long to jump back on the WW wagon!
Pictured above is a side dish I've made in the past--Edamame Pasta Salad. I'll post the recipe. It's delicious just the way it's pictured! But let me tell you how I did it last night: I didn't use the pasta, or the cucumbers, or tomatoes. Instead, I used what I had on hand--veggie wise--which was radishes, carrots, green peppers, and onion. I made the dressing as directed. I just poured as much as I wanted over the veggies, and the rest of the dressing I used on my tossed salad. It was de-lish! So give this a try, and tweak it to suit yourself. I'll give the points as the recipe was written, but if you tweak it like I did, you'll have to refigure them.
Edamame Pasta Salad
Points value:4
Servings: 6
Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1/8 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 pkg. Splenda
3 oz. uncooked penne pasta
2 C edamame (shelled)
2 C tomatoes
1 C cucumbers
Instructions:
Beat first 7 dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well mixed. Set aside. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water: drain. Cook edamame as directed on package. Rinse with cold water: drain. In large bowl, toss pasta, edamame, remaining salad ingredients and dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy!
PS--I've got Playlist loaded on here. If you don't hear it when you log on here--and want to--just scroll down to the bottom where it's located and it should come on. :)
1 comment:
Oh that dish looks so yummy! Good luck going abck to WW!! I sure need some kind of kick in the butt!I just can't mentally get myself where I need to be.
Post a Comment