Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bummer! I Didn't Win!

Here's my gang! There's Kelsea, Dakota, Katie, and Jacob. I told you I had more grandkids than just Dakota! lol This is the first time that they've all been in one place so I could get some pics of them. Last year when the kids got their school pics done, I told them not to buy them, 'cause they always turn out so crappy. I took them to WM and had their pics done, and they really turned out nice. They want to do the same thing this year. So I'll have the oldest ones get their single shots, and then we'll do a group pic of all 4 of them. I think that will be my Christmas present to me! lol

This Sat. is Octoberfest down here in SE MO. It's not like the O'Fest I went to in OR--or probably anywhere else, for that matter. We have a little parade downtown, and it's mostly Biblical floats, beauty pagent queens, and scout troups! lol It's a nice little parade, tho. The local candidates show up and throw out candy to the kids, so they're scrambling to pick it up. Very Americana. Katie will be in the marching band, Kelsea is supposed to decorate her bike and ride it in the parade (they'll judge the bikes later at the park), and Jacob's Boy Scout troup will ride on a float in the parade. So I'll be there with camera in hand! After the parade is over, everyone goes down to the park. There are some food booths, a few crafts, and sometimes a band or two playing. But NO BEER TENTS! We're in the Bible Belt and stuff like that just doesn't fly! I wouldn't drink anyway--anymore! lol But it just kind of cracks me up! lol

I won't be joining in park festivities, tho. As soon as the parade is over, I'm going to the cancer crop. It's the 12 hour crop-a-thon my lss is sponsoring. There'll be about 108 croppers! It cost us $25, but 100% of that is being donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. What a deal, huh? We'll all get pink T-shirts, and who knows what else. The lss has been out soliciting donations for weeks now, so there should be plenty of neat give-aways! I won't be working on any layouts, as usual. I'll be working on my projects. I've got a ton to do to get ready for the show I want to do this holiday!

OH, I forgot to tell ya....I didn't win! Boo hoo for me! lol You know how it goes, tho. You don't really expect to--you hope to. But that's alright--I love the projects I made, and I stand behind them. So much so, that I'm going to make more for my holiday show! :) You can check out for yourself the winners.

So that's pretty much it for now. I'll try to be back in a day or two, and show off Dakota some more. She's crawling now! Photo op for sure!

2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Aww, what a cute passle of grandkids you got there, Pam! Very nice pic too. Wow that crop you are going to sounds fabulous. Thats a lot of scrappers in one spot. Wish I could be one of them. Have a great time and get lots done.

Ruth.E said...

your grandbabies are adorable as you well know, enjoy your Christmas present to you.
Ruth