Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries....




I'm on a cherry kick now. I've got several kits, and decided to play with this one today. First of all, I took a pic of Katie from last year and cropped it, colored her head band, lightened it, then extracted her out of the pic. The photo I did all on my own. I've learned a lot about editing pics, and have come to the conclusion that one of the easiest things to do to a pic to make it look better, is just to simply lighten it. Who knew?!


As I said, the photo I edited I can credit myself with. The rest of it--the whole layout, I copied--scraplifted. I have a hard time layering the elements, so I thought the best way to learn, was see how the pros do it. I actually worked for several hours on this--tweaking this and tweaking that. But I have a general idea as to what to do. But I'll be scraplifting a lot for a while. They're layouts are so cool, and it's kind of like using a pattern. When you make something from a kit or pattern, you just feel good when it turns out right. And you probably learn something along the way. Now, the one thing that I added that was not on the original, is the leaf collar around Katie's neck. She's actually postitioned on top of a butterfly, and the body extended down past her pic, and I needed to cover it up. Works for me! lol You can see this kit at After Five Designs. If you scroll down, you'll see tons of pics the designers did with this kit. They're gorgeous! The one I used was in the 5th column down, 2nd pic. Just click on it, and it will enlarge. Hmmm....I wonder which one I'll do next?!

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Love it Pam. Very cool!! I bet Katie loves it too.