It's been pretty uneventful here for the past few days. The kids came back Monday night, and they'll go home Thurs. night. Jacob had a game tonight. Two, actually. They lost the first one, but won the second one. He was grinning from ear to ear when he walked in the door! Vacation Bible School has started, so the girls went there Mon. and Tues. night. Thurs. will be the last night for that. Not too sure how much they're learning, tho. Kelsea probably is getting something out of it, but Katie's teacher isn't guiding them very well, I think. Of course, this all Katie's side, but she says the "intern" (preacher wannabe) is her teacher, and all he does is fight with the kids, and tell them how stupid they are, and calls them names! Then he gives them their lesson book and tells them to read it! Since I don't go there, I've got no say. But if I did go there, he and I would be having a little chat! She says he hasn't treated her as badly as he's treated the others, but she's like me--she doesn't let him get by with talking to her that way. Hey, Peggie! He was trying to correct her on how to say Oregon. And you KNOW how he said it--Ora-gone! She told him she lived there for 8 years, so she knows how to pronounce it--Ora-gun! I say, good for her! :) So it was just this kind of crap that went on for the whole 2 hours. What a waste!
Libby has been having car problems again, so we're taking her car in to have it checked. Hopefully it will be something easy and cheap to fix. But you know it never is! So in the meantime, she's using Denny's old beater--The Hoopdy! This poor car is just the blight of the neighborhood! But she runs!!! She just needs to be babied, and maybe she'll make it thru Libby's use of her. Libby is tough on cars! So keep your fingers crossed that Hoopdy lives!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment