Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's @#!?*&%#! Hot!

OMG, it's unbelieveable down here! Ryan said today it was 105 with a heat index of 108. Too friggin' hot! We have central air, but guess what? It picked today to stop working! I was fixing dinner around 5 and knew it was starting to heat up. But I thought with it being so hot outside, the AC was having a hard time keeping up. It just kept getting hotter and hotter, and I'm just dripping wet from sweating, going thru paper towels like crazy! After dinner I ran to town to take a movie back, and when I got back Denny said the air wasn't working! It was 86 in the house! I'm just dieing here, thinking of what a miserable night it was going to be. I had checked the breaker box to see if that was the problem, but it didn't seem to be. The fan on the AC still wasn't turning. So I called the landlady and she was going to try to reach her friend that works on the AC. Poor Denny is just dieing, too, so he goes back to the breaker box, and messes with it, and lo and behold the fan starts running again! I hadn't flipped the switch back hard enough to reset it. What a maroon!!! So by this time, it's dang near 90! Can you say freakin' hot???!!! I'm so thankful he went back and tried it one more time. It's cooling down pretty good now. I just checked and it's 76. A huge difference! Think we may get a good night's sleep afterall!

No comments: