Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's Been a Fun Ride


I've got to quit staying up so late! The past 2 nights I didn't go to bed 'til amost 4 a.m., and ended up sleeping til noon! I did manage to get a layout of Dakota done Thurs. afternoon, tho. Then Fri. afternoon I spent trying to resize it so I could post it in Kathryn Balint's gallery. This is the digi site I've purchased a couple of kits from. She has a catagory for paper scrappers, so I posted 2 layouts in there. So check it out if you want.---I hadn't started a book for Dakota yet, so I thought I'd better get in gear. And this is the result. It's her hospital pic. What do you think? The digital elements I printed off of the kit were the bow paper and the baby tags. The background paper is from Design Originals, and then I used real ribbons and buttons. I'm happy with it, so I guess that's what matters the most!

I've been learning all kinds of things in my Adobe Photoshop 2. A month or so ago I was asking on the message boards where I could get a stitching program. (For my friends that don't scrap: my scrapbook pages are 12x12, but my scanner only scans 8.5x11. So in order to be able to see the whole layout without any of it being cropped off, I have to scan one half of the layout, and then move it to the other side of the scanner, and scan that half. [If anyone knows of a better way to do this, fill me in. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself!] Then I needed a program that would merge the 2 photos together and make one .) So lo and behold, guess what I found???!!!! My PS2 will stitch or merge for me! Eureka! I was jazzed! So I've been playing around with that. I'm doing ok with it, but the merge is off just a bit. You'll be able to see it in the layout here. But another thing I learned--after I got all of the merging done, I had to resize it, so I could post it in Kathryn's gallery. I had no clue what to do, but I did end up figuring it out. I had to resize it 3-4 times before I got it to fit, but it did finally fit! lol This may sound like beginner stuff to a lot of you, but it's a first for me. I knew absolutely nothing about a computer before I got mine. Most of what I've learned is thru MB's, and I did have a couple of friends that showed me a few things, which I appreciate! And then good old trial and error! But it's been a fun ride!

Sat. is crop night. My favorite night! I'm meeting my friend Brandi for lunch, then we're heading to the lss. I won't be doing any layouts, tho. I've got more projects to work on. I've got 2 packs of pics I need to get into albums. Hope I remember to stop at WM to pick them up! lol And then I've got a bunch of wooden letters I'll be altering, so I need to get them started. When I scrap, I have to concentrate too hard, and I can't do that at the lss. That's why I work on projects. Much easier for me! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

That layout is so very sweet! Good job!

KB and Friends said...

Your layout is soooo adorable! You really are a fabulous scrapper, Pam!